Creating a Custom Menu
WordPress allows easily create a custom menu, which can be used as a navigation menu for your site. The menu location can vary depending on the theme you are using, and some themes come with additional menu locations such as social links menu.
Each menu location can have its own Custom Menu.
Locating the Custom Menu
Creating the Custom Menu does not require any coding skills. It can be done in your Dashboard:
- In the Customizer, click to open Menus.
- The Menus pane displays all your custom menus along with a button to create a new one.
- You can also view available menu locations on your site.
Adding the Custom Menu
WordPress makes it easy to create menus in your site. Also, there is no limit on how many menus you can create:
- In the Customizer, click Menus to open the pane.
- In the Menus pane, click Create New Menu to add a new menu.
- Add a name of your custom menu under the Menu Name label.
- Select a location for your custom menu under the Menu Locations label.
- Click Next at the bottom of the pane to start adding your links.
- Click Add Items to add a menu item you want to have in your menu. It can be Pages, Links, Categories, etc.
- When you have your menu items added and arranged in order, click Publish to save your menu.
Moreover, you can also use Custom Menus in conjunction with the Custom Menus widget.